TO: The legal community of Eastern Washington
Lawyers for the Cure is a one-of-a-kind program that encourages lawyers to join in the fight against breast cancer.
DEFEND the right of all women to have access to state of the art care! LAY FOUNDATION FOR a new conversation by partnering with colleagues and community advocates in our first Eastern Washington Lawyers for the Cure! SUMMON an dpromote awareness for breast cancer research and treatment by energizing community partnerships with other local attorneys! The VERDICT is in: Lawyers for the Cure participants will receive their company's name on a banner and have the opportunity to CONSULT with other attorneys on race morning at the Lawyers for the Cure tent. APPEAL to your colleagues to run, walk or fundraise through Lawyers for the Cure!
The 2011 Race was the largest in our history, with just under 9,100 participants! The net proceeds from the Race were $422,546; 75% of which will stay right here in Eastern Washington and will be awarded to agencies that provide breast cancer education, screening and treatment to residents of our 14 county service area. The remaining 25% of the dollars raised are directed to the Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant Program to fund research on a national and international level. The dollars from the 2011 Race will be awarded in the spring of 2012.
The 2013 Race for the Cure will be held on Sunday, April 21, 2013 in Downtown Spokane. It will also be our seventh anniversary. I hope that you will consider joining the fight and making an IMPACT, as we attempt to surpass 10,000 participants. We are proud of the impact we have had on the Eastern Washington community but realize there is still work to be done, more money to be raised and more lives to be saved. Every 3 minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer. Every 13 minutes, a woman will die of the disease. Thus the Race goes on in our community and it is our hope that the 2012 Race will be even bigger, with more participants and dollars raised to help end breast cancer forever.
We invite you, an Eastern Washington attorney, to help us honor even more men and women who have fought and are fighting this terrible disease. Please become a Lawyer for the Cure!
Please review this information regarding our Lawyers for the Cure program. Thank you again for your consideration. It is my hope that together we can realize the Komen vision...a world without breast cancer. Please let me know if I can answer any questions you may have or if you require additional information.
Race, Fundraising and Sponsorship Coordinator
Komen Eastern Washington for the Cure